Solexine
Vill du reagera på det här meddelandet? Registrera dig för forumet med några klick eller logga in för att fortsätta.

Svårstartad efter färd!

4 posters

Gå ner

Svårstartad efter färd! Empty Svårstartad efter färd!

Inlägg  Gurra G fre sep 14, 2012 11:47 am

Dödaren vill inte riktigt starta när den är varm. Att köra fyra mil är inga problem. Men om jag stannar och sedan vill starta verkar det som om den får för mycket bränsle och blir sur. Brukar lyckas med att få igång den när jag håller in frambromshandtaget halvvägs vilket stryper gasen rejält. Förslag på åtgärd? Det sitter ett uppborrat munstycke på den.

Gustav

Gurra G

Antal inlägg : 66
Ort/Town : Gagnef, Sweden
Registration date : 09-05-19

http://www.livetpaenvelosolex.blogspot.se/

Till överst på sidan Gå ner

Svårstartad efter färd! Empty Re.: Svårstartad efter färd!

Inlägg  Steen tis sep 18, 2012 9:31 pm

Hej
Jeg har samme problem på min model 4600 og på en en Ungarnsk. Har aldrig set det på en fransk Smile
Disease in many solexer.
Jeg har en teori med at der sker en benzin fordampning når motoren er meget varm. Benzinen kommer ikke ned igennem karburatoren når gas spjældet er helt åbent ?

We have to aks Brian NY, Please Brian come in and help us:?:

--------------------------------------------------------
Hello
I have the same problem on my model 4600 and on a one Hungarian. Have never seen it on a French Smile
Disease in many solexer.
I have a theory that there is a gasoline evaporation when the engine is very. Gasoline does not come down through the carburetor when the throttle valve is fully open?
Steen

Steen
Steen
Danish reporter emeritus
Danish reporter emeritus

Antal inlägg : 139
Ort/Town : Copenhagen
Registration date : 10-03-15

Svårstartad efter färd! Empty Sv: Svårstartad efter färd!

Inlägg  BrianSolex ons sep 19, 2012 3:42 pm

My Internet translator is having a hard time translating this question, but I think you are saying that when the engine is hot, the engine will not start...is that correct?

Heat related problems are often caused by a defective condenser or a defective ignition coil.

Also, check to be sure that the upper check ball is present inside the fuel pump.

And make sure that the 8 crankcase side cover bolts are secure.
BrianSolex
BrianSolex
Solex gourou de luxe
Solex gourou de luxe

Antal inlägg : 536
Ort/Town : New York
Registration date : 09-04-28

http://velosolex4600.over-blog.com

Inlägg  Steen ons sep 19, 2012 7:34 pm

- Brian
BrianSolex skrev:My Internet translator is having a hard time translating this question, but I think you are saying that when the engine is hot, the engine will not start...is that correct? Steen: yes your translator has done a good job

Heat related problems are often caused by a defective condenser or a defective ignition coil.

Also, check to be sure that the upper check ball is present inside the fuel pump.

And make sure that the 8 crankcase side cover bolts are secure.

I agree that the things you mention must of course be OK.

The 2 Solexer I have with this problems, this is only a problem with very hot engine. If you run 10-15 meters with chooker in starting position and closed gas dampers they run again. I can always get them started again, but they are are very hard to start Question

Is it possible that a portion of the gasoline evaporates on the way down in the engine?

Steen
Steen
Steen
Danish reporter emeritus
Danish reporter emeritus

Inlägg  BrianSolex tor sep 20, 2012 5:05 pm

Heat can affect the fuel for sure. If the connection between the muffler pipe and manifold pipe is not good, then the hot exhaust can blow upwards towards the fuel supply pipe and carburetor. Also, be sure that the fuel supply pipe (between the fuel pump and carburetor) is not touching the crankcase side cover.
On our Bastille Day ride in New York City traffic in July, (100 degrees Fahrenheit) we have a lot of heat related problems with the Solex engines. When they get very hot, they stall and will not run properly. This year, we headed for home early because the heat was too much for the engines.
BrianSolex
BrianSolex
Solex gourou de luxe
Solex gourou de luxe

Svårstartad efter färd! Empty Re.: Svårstartad efter färd!

Inlägg  Steen tor sep 20, 2012 9:35 pm

Thanks Brian.
It makes sense that if the seal between inlet and outlet is leaking, this may be the cause.
Solexer with cylinder with open channels are inlet and outlet larger. It must be more important that the gasket between inlet and outlet bust be 100% close.
can you imagine that fuel "boils" in gasoline inlet pipe. The pipe is very close to the exhaust pipe? or is this something theoretical nonsense.

Steen

Steen
Steen
Danish reporter emeritus
Danish reporter emeritus

Inlägg  BrianSolex tor sep 20, 2012 11:41 pm

You are correct...if the fuel supply pipe gets too hot, you will have "vapor lock."
This is a big problem for the Bastille Day ride in July in New York City traffic. There is sometimes as much pedaling Solexes as riding them!
Be sure that the fuel supply pipe is not touching anything.
BrianSolex
BrianSolex
Solex gourou de luxe
Solex gourou de luxe

Inlägg  Admin mån okt 22, 2012 10:35 am

There will always be a star to give you Brian, you really are number one!
Greetings and endless thanks from us all nordic solexists!
Admin
Admin
Bruno/admin.
Bruno/admin.

Antal inlägg : 1065
Ort/Town : Stockholm
Registration date : 09-03-03

http://www.smoothmachines.se

Inlägg  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Till överst på sidan

- Liknande ämnen

Behörigheter i detta forum:
Du kan inte svara på inlägg i det här forumet